Estimator Position Overview
Only looking for candidates within a 3-hour drive of Hatfield, PA 19440. Full-Time Estimator supporting Sales Engineers, customers, and referral sources in all duties associated with the sales and distribution of pumps and pumping systems. Normal duties include assisting sales engineers, material take-off from engineered drawings, estimating project costs to produce quotations, creating submittals, expediting materials, processing orders, and promoting and assisting in the sales and proper operation of all products provided by the Company. Other duties will include assisting in providing buy-out pricing to customers, assisting contractors/engineers in designing/troubleshooting a project and assisting in start-up and commissioning of Penn Pump systems and products sold. Excellent opportunity for expanding involvement and for long-term employment.
Essential Job Functions
- Aid engineering accounts with plumbing/HVAC system design using specific knowledge of product line.
- Recommend changes in products, services, and policies by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Collaborate in the plan and spec estimating function.
- Perform surveys in the field for service or replacement
- Perform project management for projects sold.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, implementing, communicating with customers, and following up.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, learning from co-workers, and reviewing professional publications.
- Contribute to team effort by helping wherever needed.
- Works with integrity and ethically
- Detail oriented
- Meets commitments
- Sets goals and objectives
- Must be within a 3-hour drive of Hatfield, PA 19440.
- Ability to communicate clearly, written and verbally
- Ability to read blueprints preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a STEM-related field preferred
- 2 years experience working at a mechanical contractor performing material takeoffs and estimates.
- Valid driver’s license
- Drug-Free work environment
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay